Monday, May 18, 2015

What the hell is in the garden?

I could have sworn that I planted rosemary in a pot in the garden. I kept the package inside the pot so I would remember it was rosemary. The rosemary turned out to be oregano! What the heck??


Surprise Oregano

 I have a lot of starters that I intend to sell when they get a bit bigger. I have dill, oregano, a few cilantro and a lot of peppers. I planted seeds from green peppers and poblanos that we didn't eat in time. Right now, I can't tell which peppers are which.
 I am super excited about the lemongrass, lavender and rosemary we planted so that eventually I will have my own herbs to harvest for my homemade soaps.


My star shaped  all natural lemongrass soap called Happy Day!


Casey, the itty bitty wonder kitty had a very lethargic day today. She hardly ate anything and only pooped once. She didn't have any Flagyl today which I think helped her to not throw up. She was very fussy about taking her medicines too. I couldn't get her to take one of her blood thinners so I mixed it in her food. A lot of good that does if she is not eating. We are snuggling on her as much as possible and giving her the love. She was able to walk up 3 steps twice today on her own. That has me excited for her atrophied back legs to heal. She is gaining enough strength to fight me on taking the meds. She has caught on that we were hiding medicine in the chicken we were hand feeding her so at times we would have to put it in the back of her mouth. We can't do that now without getting our fingers chomped on. To keep her from stressing too much, we give her meds a little at a time and come back to the rest a little while later. Send her prayers for a speedy and thorough recovery. These lethargic days have us worried.


Casey snuggles.

I miss snuggling with the other kitties. We keep Casey in the bedroom with the door shut so the other cats don't stress her. I can tell my kitties miss the snugs too and are pretty stressed. It's hard to make all the babies happy at once.

We are planning a fundraiser for Shamrock Foundation with Drunk & Sailor for August or September. We will keep you updated!

Our upcoming appearances with Blue Moon Circus are:

May 29, Burlypicks Kentucky Regional Competition at Cure Lounge, Louisville, KY
June 5, W/Tinderbox Circus Sideshow at Cure Lounge, Louisville, KY
June 6, w/Bizarre Noir at Doom Room, Lafayette
We hope to see you at one of our events! <3

~Ember

No comments:

Post a Comment